Free Research Data Management Toolkit by LEARN Project now available to download
As we are in an age of “data deluge”, private and public institutions and research communities need to tackle the high demand of data-intensive science. The potential of sharing data is incredibly high and indeed can completely revolutionise the way researchers work.
The LEARN Project (an acronym standing for “LEaders Activating Research Networks”), started in 2015, has been funded by the European Commission to take the LERU Roadmap for Research Data produced by the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and to develop this in order to build a coordinated e-infrastructure across Europe and beyond.
LEARN will deliver:
- a model Research Data Management (RDM) policy;
- a Toolkit to support implementation, and;
- an Executive Briefing in five core languages so as to ensure wide outreach.
Given the ever-growing importance of adopting the research data management procedures, the LEARN Project has just launched its Research Data Management Toolkit (download it here: http://learn-rdm.eu/en/research-data-management-toolkit-now-available).
The RDM Toolkit includes:
- 23 Best-Practice Case Studies from institutions around the world, drawn from issues in the original LERU Roadmap;
- 8 Main Sections, on topics such as Policy and Leadership, Open Data, Advocacy and Costs;
- One Model RDM Policy, produced by the University of Vienna and accompanied by guidance and an overview of 20 RDM policies across Europe;
- An Executive Briefing in six languages, aimed at senior institutional decision makers.
If you are helping your institution to better manage research data and if you want to know more about the the free Research Data Management Toolkit, sign up for the free webinar on 24 April at 15:00 CET (click here to register). For further information about LEARN visit: http://learn-rdm.eu/en/about/