The aim of the EOSCpilot Science Demonstrators is to show the relevance and usefulness of the EOSC Services and their enabling of data reuse, to drive the EOSC development.
5 Science Demonstrators started at the project outset (listed below), with more to be included through EOSCpilot Open Calls for Science Demonstrators:
Environmental & Earth Sciences - ENVRI Radiative Forcing Integration to enable comparable data access across multiple research communities by working on data integration and harmonised access
High Energy Physics - WLCG: large-scale, long-term data preservation and re-use of physics data through the deployment of HEP data in the EOSC open to other research communities
- Social Sciences – TEXTCROWD: Collaborative semantic enrichment of text-based datasets by developing new software to enable a semantic enrichment of text sources and make it available on the EOSC.
- Life Sciences - Pan-Cancer Analyses & Cloud Computing within the EOSC to accelerate genomic analysis on the EOSC and reuse solutions in other areas (e.g. for cardiovascular & neuro-degenerative diseases)
- Physics - The photon-neutron community to improve the community’s computing facilities by creating a virtual platform for all users (e.g., for users with no storage facilities at their home institutes)
Additional 5 Science Demonstrators started on July 1, 2017 (selected through first Open Call in Q2 2017):
- Energy Research – PROMINENCE: HPCaaS for Fusion - Access to HPC class nodes for the Fusion Research community through a cloud interface
- Earth Sciences – EPOS/VERCE: Virtual Earthquake and Computational Earth Science e-science environment in Europe
- Life Sciences / Genome Research: Life Sciences Datasets: Leveraging EOSC to offload updating and standardizing life sciences datasets and to improve studies reproducibility, reusability and interoperability
- Life Sciences / Structural Biology: CryoEM Workflows: Linking distributed data and data analysis resources as workflows in Structural Biology with cryo Electron Microscopy: Interoperability and reuse
- Physical Sciences / Astronomy: LOFAR Data: Easy access to LOFAR data and knowledge extraction through Open Science Cloud