Open Science Fair 2017 (OSFair2017) is having its first opening international conference in Athens, Greece, 6-8 September 2017.
The three-day conference will gather policy makers, funders, publishers and content providers, research infrastructures/communities, researchers, libraries, institutions and innovators, offering unique insights about e-infrastructures and services, policies as guidance for good practices, research flows and new types of activities (disseminate, mine, review, assess, etc.).
This first conference is organized jointly by four EU funded consortia in the area of Open Science: OpenAIRE (www.openaire.eu), OpenUP (www.openup-h2020.eu), Foster (www.fosteropenscience.eu) and OpenMinTeD (www.openminted.eu) who share the vision of a science that is free of accessibility and information barriers and is an enabler of social innovation. It is partly supported by the EOSCpilot project (www.eoscpilot.eu) which aims to build a seamless open research environment for Europe.
The EOSCpilot project will actively contribute to the conference by participating in seven workshops:
- Towards a Policy Framework for the European Open Science Cloud: the EOSC pilot perspective - 7th September, 11:30 PARALLEL SESSION 3
- Open Science Monitor - 7th September, 16:00 PARALLEL SESSION 4
- Open science policy aspects in the context of EOSC governance framework - 7th September, 14:00 PARALLEL SESSION 4
- How FAIR friendly is your data catalogue? - 8th September, PARALLEL SESSION 6 (09:00) & 7 (11:30)
- National and European e-Infrastructure Cooperation for Open Science - 8th September,PARALLEL SESSION 6 (09:00) & 7 (11:30)
- EOSC meets enterprises’ needs! - 8th September, 11:30 PARALLEL SESSION 7
- FAIR metrics - Starring your data sets - 8th September, 11:30 PARALLEL SESSION 7